- Cecilia Obeng received a book contract from Routledge to disseminate her findings from the Indianapolis study the Center helped to support together with the Indiana University Vice-president for Research (2018)
- Undergraduate and MPH students participated in gender and HIV research project
- presents her South African findings on gender disparities in HIV to the Society for Emerging Adulthood (SSEA) in Washington, D.C.
- presents her South African findings on age-disparate relationships and HIV to the International AIDS Society in Paris, France.
- publishes a chapter on the social-ecological origins of child maltreatment
- wins a research grant from the Center for Research on Race and Ethnicity to study racial differences in infant mortality in the State of Indiana.
- The Center supports a year-long doctoral research assistant to study racial disparities in infant mortality.
- wins a Fulbright Faculty year-long Core Award to perform research on gender disparities and HIV in South Africa
- publishes a major review paper on intimate partner violence in sub-Saharan Africa including a post-doc and graduate student as co-authors.
- Laura McCloskey publishes a paper showing that intimate partner violence can result in sterilization for women of color in Boston, Massachusetts.
- The Center sponsors a year-long MPH research fellow from Ghana.
- The Center sponsors an undergraduate research team to study racial disparities in staffing of maternity units in hospitals.
- The Center provides support to Cecilia Obeng in her research on promoting breast-feeding among African-American women in Indianapolis. She subsequently wins a grant from the Office of the Vice-President for Research.
- Laura McCloskey delivers the Keynote address to the Pennsylvania State University National Conference on Child Maltreatment, State College, PA
- The Center co-sponsors with Sociology a forum on race and health:
Friday, April 4th 2014
Forum:”The face of health: A panel discussion on race, ethnicity and health”
Bridget Goosby (U of Nebraska), Laura Lopez-Sanders (UNC-Chapel Hill), Van Tran (Columbia U.)
- The Center sponsors a talk and two days of events with:
Dr. David Williams - Harvard University School of Public Health
Dr. Spero Manson
- The Center sponsors meetings and a talk by:
University of Colorado Health Sciences and Center